10 things I can’t live without (during the past 10 weeks)

Hi friends! Happy Monday. I hope you’re having a nice morning and that you enjoyed a relaxing weekend. Just to break up the monotony over here, we’re still dragging out the tent every weekend. It’s one way to show the girls, “Hey, it’s the weekend!” when all of the days kind of blur together. The novelty hasn’t yet worn off, and they get a kick out of it (and for some reason, they sleep SO well in there!). We had tent nights, watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (they loved it), swam at my dad’s house, and got Indian food takeout. I hope you had a good one, too!

Today’s post is another random one. I thought I’d share some of the things that have been awesome to have around over the past 9+ weeks.  I kept these more on the silly/fun side instead of listing the obviously more important things, like our family, house, pets, health, etc. These are just some extras that have made this time at home a little less terrible. 😉 I’d love to hear about the random things you’ve been loving and enjoying while we’ve all been chillin’ here at home.

1) Frida Kahlo socks. My mom got these for me and I’ve worn them approximately 2817 times. Thankfully, there are no holes yet. My power outfit during this whole order has been lululemon shorts, Frida Kahlo socks, and a camo sweatshirt. (A couple of weeks ago, I decided to start wearing real clothes again because for a while, it was the uniform.) The socks make me happy and I love them. frida kahlo socks

2) Lululemon athletic shorts. I wear some variation of these shorts almost every day. I’ve been trying to work out earlier (like 11am instead of 5pm) but sometimes that doesn’t happen and I just wear gym clothes all day. These are so comfortable, they have a built-in liner, and come in a bunch of different colors. The longer length keeps me covered while I’m doing chores or chasing the girls on a neighborhood walk. (I’ve accidentally become a runner again since Liv and P are way faster than me on their bikes and scooters.)

3) The Peloton bike (full review here!) and Les Mills On Demand access. These two things have been GAMECHANGERS for getting in workouts over the past couple of months. I ride the Peloton a couple of times a week, get in a BODYPUMP or BODYATTACK class, and do dance cardio, barre, or lift weights in the garage. Peloton still has a free trial for their app and you can use my link for 30 days of Les Mills On Demand. You’ll love it!

4) Netflix. Aren’t we all just so thankful for Netflix right now? We blasted through some random shows (LOVED Unorthodox, Never Have I Ever, and have mixed feelings on Tiger King haha) and are looking for something great to watch next. It’s provided some necessary mindless entertainment during this whole thing. By the time we get the girls to bed, I have zero brainpower to do anything productive, so Netflix has been the cure.

5) Hu Chocolate Almond Butter Bars. Why are these the best chocolate bars ever?! The ingredients are awesome, the texture is ridiculous, and I’ve been able to order them through Sunbasket.

6) My journal. My meditation practice is on temporary hiatus, but I still find 5 minutes here and there to scrawl some notes/thoughts in my journal. I have the Rachel Hollis one – a gift from my Beautycounter mentor – and it makes it so easy to jot down goals, thoughts and action plans. To be honest, motivation has been waning big-time over here – I think a lot of us feel a little numb – but it’s a nice reminder of the things I can do now and those that can wait until later. 

7) This sleep mask. Confession: Caro wakes us up early to go out and P wants me to turn on a show about the same time, and then I put on my sleep mask and go back to bed for an hour. It blocks out all of the light, doesn’t cut off the circulation of your head, and I can just slip right back into dreamland for a little while.

8) Daily walks with the crew. These are still my favorite parts of the day! We can shake our legs out, get some Vitamin D, fresh air, sunshine, and explore a little bit. 

(pic from a walk at the Rillito River this weekend)

9) Funny memes and videos. Anyone else become way more obsessed with memes lately? It’s not unusual for me to say, “Oh my god, I saw this funny meme and this is what it said…” which is kind of sad lol but the funny edges of the internet are really giving me a laughter/joy boost. This video absolutely cracked me up.

10) The Model Health Show podcast. This has always been my #1 favorite podcast because Shawn breaks down topics so that they’re relatable and easy to understand. It has been such a breath of fresh air for the current situation and I’ve loved listening to his perspective on everything that’s going on. If you haven’t checked out his show, I highly, highly recommend it. He’s funny, real, and wicked smart.

I’d love to hear about any of the things that are helping you with the current situation and small things you’re loving right now.

Have a happy Monday and I’ll see ya here in the morning with a 30-minute yoga video. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today.

xoxo

Gina

The post 10 things I can’t live without (during the past 10 weeks) appeared first on The Fitnessista.



source https://fitnessista.com/10-things-i-cant-live-without-during-the-past-10-weeks/

Comments